WHO WE ARE
Elmwood is a multi-generational church family made up of people from a variety of different backgrounds, interests, and vocations. In the midst of all the things that make us different, we are united around the common pursuit of being in relationship with Jesus and inviting others to follow him.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Our Sunday worship gatherings are one of the primary environments in which we are reminded of the gospel and more fully formed into the image of Jesus. Each gathering is organized around the following movements:
- We begin each week with a call to worship (reading from the Bible) which reminds us that God himself is the one who invites us to gather. Our worship is a response to what he has revealed about himself.
- During the community life portion of the gathering, we share about events and opportunities to get connected, grow, and serve.
- Each Sunday we have psalm reading and prayer, followed by praying The Lord’s Prayer (these words will be on the screen).
- During this portion of the gathering, a passage of the Bible is read out loud and the message about Jesus is communicated in a way that is clear, relatable, and relevant for our modern context. Most churches call this a sermon.
- We generally teach through books of the Bible, but we also do message on a variety of topics.
- As a response to the good news about Jesus, we come forward to receive communion (The Lord’s Table).
- The Table is open to anyone who is a follower of Jesus.
- Having heard the message about Jesus, we are then commissioned to go out into every domain of life — the places we live, work, learn, and play — to embody the way of Jesus in how we live.
- As we are commissioned and sent, we give financially to the work God is doing in and through Elmwood. There is a box in the back of the sanctuary to give in person, or donations can be made through our online giving platform.
As a church, we highly value making disciples of all peoples, including our kids and students! On Sunday mornings we offer a nursery (0-2yrs) and Elmwood Kids during the sermon portion of the gathering (3yrs-2nd grade).
NOTE: Please sign in your child for Children’s Sermon Time before the worship gathering so you don’t miss any of the gathering!